Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dead Yet Alive

Imagine ...

Imagine if we let God be God.

Imagine if we stopped trying to be managers of the Holy Spirit.

Imagine if we lost control.

Imagine if we voluntarily gave control to the Spirit in a great act of abdication.

Imagine ...

Should we imagine or should we just do it in the submissive desire to obey the one we claim to love:

I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me. (Galatians 2:20)

I have died.

I have died.

The significance of that somehow gets lost in the translation of our desires. After all, if I have died then I have no desires because, well, I am dead. How can I have desires if I am dead?

Being dead and walking around would make us a bunch of zombies except for one great, tremendous, wonderful fact:

But Christ lives in me.

I have died but Christ now lives in me, which means that he is my desire.

What he wants, I want.

Where he goes, I go.

What he does, I do.

What he prays, I pray.

What he says, I say.

It is not me asking Jesus to join me on my journey. It is me dying, ending my chosen journey, and joining Jesus in his. I am alive but I am only alive in Jesus as he lives in me. He is my desire, my hope, my joy, my peace. I have no desire, hope, joy, peace outside of him.

So why do we try to live by the rules of this world when we belong to Jesus' Kingdom? What is it to me that I am rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, male or female, jew or greek, fat or skinny, tall or short? I will be what he wants me to be and I will do what he wants me to do, and I will have what he wants me to have. Nothing in this world can stress me because it has no root in me. I don't belong here.

I am dead.

But Jesus is alive in me.

And I am alive in Jesus.

And now I live by faith.

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. (Galatians 5:6)

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul, and all your strength.

Passion!

I want more of you God.

God cannot be contained.

God cannot be controlled.

You are dead and your only act is to allow the uncontrollable God to have his way in you.

Let him set a fire down in your soul.

A fire you can't contain.

A fire you can't control.

After all, you are dead, but Jesus is alive in you.

Let our desire be to have more of him.

Let the passion burn deep.



Set A Fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gX-B6TtSk8

No comments: