Monday, May 30, 2011

A Monday Morning Boost Of Praise

Another Monday morning. They seem to come more and more often these days but that is good because it means that summer is also quickly approaching. This Monday morning let us all step into our birthright and claim the promises and blessings that our Father has given us. We fail to do that a lot because we don't know these promises and we fail to understand the significance of the blessings. We also often believe that we do not deserve them.

The truth is that we don't deserve them but they are ours anyway. We have to get past this guilt complex. Yes, we have sinned and we occasionally still do sin but as long as we are honest with God he keeps us preserved in his mercy and grace. We must accept that we exist in this relationship of love which begins in a place of great immaturity but I pray we are seeing much growth. We are intended to grow so the things we tripped over last year are not the challenges of today. So we need to move on from this place of "I don't deserve it" to a place of thanksgiving and acceptance. Our attitude should be thanksgiving for the great and awesome Father we have who desires to bless and equip his children. We possess a birthright. We have a right to be in the presence of God, to receive his blessings and to stand on his promises. This became our right when we were reborn in Christ Jesus. We are now children of the LORD God Almighty, and that means something.

Jesus explained to his disciples that things were about to change for them. With his arrest and subsequent death and then resurrection, they would be ushered into a relationship with our Father that they would find astounding:

Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. (John 16:25-27)

We ask in the authority we have through our relationship with Jesus. The Father loves us because we love his Son. He loves us so much that he has adopted us as his children. So understand that everything we have and everything we are is due because of our relationship with Jesus. We have a birthright because of Jesus. We have the right to ask our Father for things because of our relationship with Jesus. Monday morning is a time of blessing and thanksgiving because of Jesus. We are loved by the Father this morning, we are immersed in his love, flowing over us like a great waterfall, because of Jesus.

We are right to realize that we don't deserve this. It is only ours because of the will of the Father and the work of Jesus Christ. Perhaps my children don't deserve what I give them either but as their father it is my joy to give and it is their right by birth to receive from me. I don't give to other children as I give to my children. They receive more of my time and resources than any other person and I take real pleasure in being with them. I am also very proud of what they accomplish. So if I am like this, as an imperfect dad, why would we expect less of our perfect Father?

No, we are a blessed people as we begin this Monday morning. Set the complaining aside as well as your low expectations for this day. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it. Allow your hearts to be filled with thanksgiving and praise. Allow your attitude to be one of gratitude as you stand in your birthright today. Expect the blessings of our Father and receive them with open arms. Claim the promises of God because they have been issued for you. Allow this day and this week to be filled with miracles, power and praise because it is the Father's will and it is your birthright.

No comments: