Here's how to have a drama free celebration:
1. why you are thankful and who you are thankful to - Jesus.
2. to start the day off with the one to whom you are thankful
3. it's only food; it's the people that matter
4. that the past is the past, leave it there. Today is a new day
5. to forgive every slight and every offense today
6. to laugh ... a lot
Allow God to use you today to remind your family and friends the purpose behind this harvest feast of thanksgiving. To paraphrase apostle Paul: Without love we have nothing and we are nothing.
Enjoy your food but enjoy your family and friends more. But enjoy Jesus most of all.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
and his courts with praise;
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations. - Psalm 100