Wednesday, June 18, 2014

God's Power For Salvation

I cannot fathom how anyone can say they are a Christian and then dismiss the Bible. We have such incredible deceptive teaching permeating the Body and we scratch our heads wondering how people can believe the lies. They can believe it because they have thrown away the Bible or shot holes all through it so there is no longer a solid place to stand. And it is catching on like wild fire because it allows us to create our own beliefs and our own god who will allow us to do whatever we think is best. We have learned nothing from the history of Israel.

I for one stand on the Word of God and I desire nothing else. Call me a fool. Call me an idiot. Call me whatever you like but I will not depart from it nor will I be ashamed of it. I stand with Paul who stated:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

The gospel is power. My opinions and cute stories are not going to save you but the power of the truth of the gospel will. We can try all we want to persuade people but we cannot save them. I cannot save anyone in my name even if I had The Paul Van Buren International Ministries. The only thing that will save is the Gospel of Jesus Christ To Save The World Empowered By The Spirit ministries.

Don't belittle the Word. Don't be afraid to share verses. Don't think that there is no power to change hearts and minds. It is even more powerful when you live the Word, allowing the Holy Spirit to do it through you. That's what it is going to take now to reach people in this age. The whole world and part of the Church is dismissing the Word, discounting it, creating their own separate beliefs. They no longer believe in the worth of the gospel and yet Paul wrote:

For in it God’s righteousness is revealed from faith to faith, just as it is written: The righteous will live by faith. (v.17)

But I guess that is the real heart of the matter, isn't it: People do not want to know the righteousness of God. They don't want to know there is a right and a wrong because they would have to do something about it. It is better to remain in ignorance or just dismiss the truth and be able to do what you want. The only problem with this thinking is that opinions do not change the truth of Yahweh; it doesn't change the Words of Jesus; it's not going to save you from the fires of hell.

We cannot bring people to Jesus according to our opinions because if we do we are having them build their house of faith on sinking sand. Salvation comes through the truth of the gospel. Do we know that truth? Is our life built on that truth? Are we capable of sharing that truth with others without our opinions getting in the way? Are we capable of sharing the gospel without commentary so that the full power of it touches the hearts of those who need it? It is God's power for salvation to everyone who believes.








No comments: