Friday, September 12, 2014

Looking For Air In A Season Of Adjustments

Since taking over The Snack Shack as a church ministry life has been all about adjustment. Adjustment to keep my spiritual disciplines. Adjustment to guard some precious wife and family time. Adjustment to finding ways to be available for people. Social media commitments. Blogging. Home schooling commitments. Financial adjustment. Health adjustment. Energy adjustment. I have not yet found the key for all these adjustments.

On top of this, Melodie-Joy is struggling with her job. Not that it has anything to do with her but it seems she just can't catch a break. She feels the financial and time constraint pressures (managing a job, two babies, two full time students and two part time). She is a wonder woman but the adjustments are not easy.

All this to say it is a time of crying out to the Lord for strength, assurance, energy, direction and hope. In the flesh things may look a bit dark but we are not directed by our flesh. We are so thankful that we can wake every day knowing that our hope is real and ongoing each and every day. Our future is not crafted by our hands but by the Lords. I am not the captain of my own destiny and I make a conscience effort every day to keep it that way.

Jesus did not promise me comfort or ease and I have not sought for it, although there have been times I have longed for it. Life can never be about taking short cuts to make it easier for me. Jesus did not take short cuts and there was purpose in everything the Father directed him to do, and I am a follower of Jesus. Having failed in the past, I press on with a desire never to fail him again. And that is all we can do. Press on with a passionate desire to serve him truly and always.

One of the most powerful and encouraging verses concerning this subject was penned by Paul the apostle in one of his last letters as he sat in a Roman prison. After all he had been through, Paul simply stated:

"For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." (2 Timothy 1:12)

At the end of that, that is what it is all about. If we every lose that relationship, nothing else has any worth. May we experience and operate in the assurance of our relationship with Jesus today. God bless.

No comments: