Monday, March 12, 2018

The Importance Of The Testimony As Demonstrated By Moses

It has been a while since I even attempted blogging for a whole truck load of reasons. I am not in a position to start back. However, I need a platform for journaling scripture I am chewing on. I considered various platforms but I want something that is online for safe keeping and will assist me in keeping my progress organized. It may mean several entries in a day and some contradictory thoughts. But this is a chewing process for my own edification.

Today I was reading through Deuteronomy 3 and 4.

It seems Moses had done some journaling of his own and was in the process of reviewing his recordings with the nation. The purpose was simple: to strengthen them in the Lord. Moses was about to die, Joshua was about to take over and they were about to head into a life of war. They needed to be reminded that God is good, that they are on his side and that everything is possible through him. So Moses reminds them of the many testimonies of God's goodness to them.

This is a great idea for everyone, because we have very short memories. We could be thanking Father for his provision today and tomorrow be filled with fear about provision. We forget the purpose of testimony.

1. Testimony tells us what God is doing.
2. God has no favorites which means a testimony tells us that what he did for one person he wants to do for everyone.
3. Testimony is meant to encourage the Body of Christ and reveal his glory to the lost.

Testimonies can be considered like food stored in the pantry. With a full pantry we can nourish ourselves when needed. With a pantry filled with testimonies we are able to eat well from the Lord, finding new energy and strength to function as "more than overcomers".

Before entering a God-arranged battle, it is good to review our journal of testimonies.

No comments: