Friday, July 11, 2008

Pray for me. I have decided to prepare as many of the morning devotions as possible over the summer months. Having a base in place every morning will allow me to add those little thrills that will keep the students' attention. However, preparing devotions is not as simple as writing down a little story.

Preparing things from the Word has always been a thrilling and sometimes exhaustive exercise for me. I realize that most preachers will tell you that they find it to be a renewing experience, which it is, but I also find that there is so much power and concentration in the process that at the end of it all I feel I have lent my entire self to it. It is a work of the Spirit as he weaves through my thoughts and experiences and lends inspiration to what is written. It is certainly not the work of a man and it is a thrill for me to be part of the process but you can imagine what it must be like setting aside the time several times in the day. Fun, thrilling and exhausting. However, it is also renewing.

To God be the glory.

No comments: