Friday, April 18, 2014

Passion Week: It Is Finished

This is not normal.

It is so dark. It's like the sun has ceased to be.

And these people. The constant coming and going. Normally it is just family. Why all these others? Why the priests?

The struggle is almost over. The guy doesn't have much energy left. He wouldn't even take the sour wine. Why would he refuse that? His pain must be driving him insane.

This just doesn't feel right.

Out of the thousands of these I have taken part in, this one is just plain spooky.

“Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.”

What did he say? I didn't think he had a dad. His mother is here but I haven't seen a dad all day. Maybe he didn't care enough to be here.

Poor guy, his mind really is snapping.

“It is finished!”

What's finished?

So it's done then.

“Certainly this was a righteous Man!”



No comments: