Friday, April 18, 2014

Passion Week: The Mocking

King of the Jews they say.

Ha! The guy isn't the king of the dirt at the moment. I've never seen anyone so badly worked over as this guy. I'm surprised he lived long enough to be crucified. It's hard to look at.

“You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself!"

Wow! The crowd seems to be agitated today, but in a weird way. They seem to have something against this guy. Normally they're shooting and screaming at us, not the ones hanging. What's up with this?

"If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross."

Son of God? Who said anything about a son of god? I thought the charge was about being a king.

It's bad enough to be hanging from that thing but what's with all this hate? Oh, and they are here too. Don't often see the priests at these things. They are usually in the city causing problems for these poor saps. I have no idea why these people put up with them.

“He saved others; Himself He cannot save."

I haven't even heard of this guy. There hasn't been any riots in a few weeks. No uprising. No army marching on any of the garrisons. What king of king is this? And if he was their king, shouldn't this guy be their hero? This place makes no sense to me.

Looks like my buddies are getting in on the act.

“If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself.”

I guess this job gets to a guy after a while. It's so boring. Normally we have to wait around 5 days and longer for them to finally die. I get a feeling this one is going to be different. He's practically dead now. I don't think he last 5 hours let alone 5 days. There isn't much left to him.

Why mock the dead? Wish they would just let him suffer in quiet.

“If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”

This is a day of firsts. Even the other criminals are at him. He must have ticked someone off somewhere. Doesn't matter to me but it's a poor way to die.

Still ... who is this guy?
















No comments: